Monday, December 26, 2011

Mark Pearce Assesses Sound Quality


It has been requested that I talk about the sound quality of some of the CDs that I own. So here it is. I grabbed a handful from my CD rack of 90s-Noughties titles. I also have a shelf full from this category, so what you see is a minute sample from my collection. I make 2 piles: Good quality and bad quality. Here I am only assessing what my ears can tolerate. I have not made scientific waveforms, nor are there any measurements against which I judge. The criteria is merely - listenable or not! In fact, my Elliott Smith Either/Or CD sounds like a good deal of it was made on a 4 track cassette recorder, but the sound quality is beautiful - smooth, intimate and very dynamic. Enjoy it, if only for a glimpse of my musical taste besides ABBA. Incidentally those wishing to learn about the quality of ABBA's remasters are directed to Mozpiano2's excellent "Rudolf Ondrich discusses the ABBA remasters" videos.

Order Second Hand Rowing Machine Clearwater Chlorinator Get It Now! Universal Batteries Free Shipping




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links